st: Re: statalist-digest V4 #1955

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: statalist-digest V4 #1955
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:50:27 -0400

As every listing on IDEAS and EconPapers states, users are admonished NOT to download .ado and .hlp files with a web browser, especially if they are using Windows. Please get your copy of ivreg2 with the ssc command within Stata:

ssc install ivreg2,replace

"HTML format" does not exist; it is just text. ado-files are just text. Only an operating system which tells you what you can and cannot do with arbitrarily-named text files would cause this sort of problem. But in any case the 'ssc' command will work for any Stata-supported OS.

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics