st: adjusted survival rates

From   Fred Wolfe <fwolfe@arthritis-research.org>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: adjusted survival rates
Date   Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:40:06 -0500

I hope someone might have some suggestions concerning the following problem.

I am examining a series of drug treatments. I want to know the rate of discontinuation of the treatments. I analyze each drug separately (preserve,drop,restore). Following stset, I can get the results by -stsum-, -stptime- and -stir-. However, I would like to know the rates adjusted at specific covariate levels.

I can do this with non-survival regression analysis.

reg a b c d
adjust b=3 c=4 d=12

Is there anyway to do this sort of adjusted analysis with survival data to get adjusted rates?

Thanks,

Fred Wolfe

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
Tel (316) 263-2125 Fax (316) 263-0761
fwolfe@arthritis-research.org

*