st: Re: Outreg/estout after mfx or margin?

From   Friedrich Huebler <>
Subject   st: Re: Outreg/estout after mfx or margin?
Date   Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

You can save marginal effects with -outreg- by placing the results of
-mfx- in the coefficient vector ("margeff" in the example below) and
the covariance matrix ("variance" below). This is done with -ereturn

. sysuse auto
. probit foreign mpg weight
. local obs = e(N)
. mfx
. mat margeff = e(Xmfx_dydx)
. mat standerr = diag(e(Xmfx_se_dydx))
. mat variance = standerr*standerr
. ereturn post margeff variance, obs(`obs')
. outreg using results.txt, ctitle(Car type)

Friedrich Huebler

--- Chris Meissner <> wrote:
> I am running some simple probit models and I have found it useful
> to use
> the margin command after estimation to get the marginal effects I
> want.
> The only problem is that my old standby "outreg" doesn't seem to be
> set up
> to drop the reported results into a nice formatted text file ready
> to be made into a table.
> As far as I can tell I don't think estout is usable after margin or
> mfx either.
> I would be very grateful to know if there is an option in either
> outreg or
> estout to report the results from margin and for that matter mfx.
> Alternatively is there another command available to do such a
> thing?
> Thanks in advance!
> Chris Meissner
> Faculty of Economics