st: Re: SAS VS Stata

Subject   st: Re: SAS VS Stata
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:26:51 -0400

I have no idea about answering your post, but since you don't actually say specifically what you did in either package, I'm not sure how others can answer either. If you want help, then you probably need to actually include in your post what you typed --at least which command is Stata, but probably also what command in SAS. It may also be useful to say what the results were in each package.

Also, please use more informative subject lines. You should check out the Statalist faq, linked at the bottom of each message.

Michael Blasnik
[email protected]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Wafula" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 4:59 AM
Subject: st: SAS VS Stata

Dear statalist,

I am computing the chi-square of some risk factors in
an epidemiology study and the p-values computed by
Stata are different form those by SAS. Does anyone
have an idea of what could be happening. I expect the
values to be almost the same but somehow they are not.
My worry is if Stata and SAS are doing the same thing?

Thanks for your help.

Peter