st: changing beta coefficients

From   "Peter Haan" <>
Subject   st: changing beta coefficients
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:23:46 +0200

dear stata list,

I have the following question:

Is it possibe to change the estimated vector of beta coefficients by hand.
I want to predict with a slightly different beta vector than the estimated,
The idea is to replace the estimated vector e(b) by an artificial e(b*) and then to use the command pred,
however, as far as I know I cannot change e(b).

thanks for your help,

* For searches and help try: