st: RE: sequential file conversion possible ?

From   "David Harrison" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: sequential file conversion possible ?
Date   Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:27:33 +0100

Get Roger Newson's -stcmd- command from SSC

findit stcmd

The problem is then simple...

forvalues y=1983/2004 {
	stcmd mat`y'.xls mat`y'.dta

Hope this helps

-----Original Message-----
From: Katsuhide Isa []
Sent: 07 April 2005 14:12
To: Statalist
Subject: st: sequential file conversion possible ?

Dear Statalisters,

I have multiple (more than 20) Excel-format files, named like
mat1983.xls, mat1984.xls etc.
And I'd like to convert them into Stata-format ones using
StatTransfer. But it is tedious to do so one by one.
So, I wonder if it is possible to convert them sequentially
and automatically from within Stata (using a script file
if necessary).
# I'm having StatTransfer 7 at hand.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.