RE: st: Question about Stata 9 licence

From   "Neil Shephard" <>
Subject   RE: st: Question about Stata 9 licence
Date   Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:43:00 +0100

> A related query as well: suppose you have a dual-boot system such as a
> laptop running both Win32 and Linux, is there an option or license
> package that would allow the user to run Stata under both OSs?
I suspect this would require a seperate license , however one alternative is to obtain a
license for the windows and then use an 'emulator' (of sorts) such as wine which allows
you to run windows binaries under GNU/Linux.

For further details on this package see

and another piece of software in the same vein is Cedega (foremrly wineX)

Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester

"If your result needs a statistician then you should design a better experiment" -
Ernest Rutherford