st: RE: updating ado's

From   "Ada Ma" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: updating ado's
Date   Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:27:58 +0100

If it's any consolation to you it happened to me as well.  My computer was
originally installed with Windows 98 SE, I had it reinstalled with Windows
XP.  After the reinstallation, I did the update, etc. and it took me 10+
attempts to finally get the whole thing downloaded.  Increasing the max
timeout as suggested by Sarah A. Mustillo did not work.  May be you can try
to download the updates OUTSIDE stata and then place the ado files and the
executable at the places they belong.

Check this link:
http://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata8.html