st: Partial eta^2 and MANOVA

From   Timothy Victor <>
Subject   st: Partial eta^2 and MANOVA
Date   Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:43:35 -0500

I'm performing a profile analysis using a repeated measures MANOVA approach. I'd like to calculate and report the associated partial eta^2 values for tests of parallelism, level, and flatness. The partial eta^2 = 1 - W^{1/s}, where W is the Wilks lambda and s is the number of non-zero eigenvalues of HE^{-1}. H is the between groups SS matrix and E is the within group SS matrix. What I'd like to know is 1) have anyone written a program to calculate the partial eta^2 after manova or manovatest, or 2) how might I go about doing this myself?

* For searches and help try: