Re: st: ttest var1==var2 for clustered data

From   Richard Goldstein <richgold@ix.netcom.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: ttest var1==var2 for clustered data
Date   Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:02:27 -0500

a t-test is a simple regression where the only predictor is the dummy variable identifying the groups -- so, put the two variables into one long variable; add a group identifier and use regression with the cluster option

Rich

Christian Hunkler wrote:

we have network data clustered around egos. Now we want to test for mean
differences in variables that contain proxy information provided by ego
about their alteri. In short a t-test comparison of two variables, but the
observations are not independent but clustered.
I already checked the clttest ado, but it does not yet support comparison
of two variables.
Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,
Christian