RE: st: RE: Accessing the number of changes made by a "replace" command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Accessing the number of changes made by a "replace" command
Date   Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:54:18 -0000

If you let me know what is "not quite right"
about -linkplot-, I will think about those
details.

David Fisher

> Oops.  Yes, that would do it.  That was embarrassingly
> simple.  Thanks!
> Also, thankyou for the "linkplot" command -- it's pretty much
> exactly what I
> needed, and I've managed to get round the few things that
> weren't quite  right.

Nick Cox

> >I think you need to implement this yourself.
> >If you have a variable holding
> >the previous values, then after each change
> >you compare latest version with the previous values;
> >exit if no differences; otherwise replace
> >previous with latest, and loop again.

David Fisher