st: RE: the "score" command in factor analysis

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: the "score" command in factor analysis
Date   Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:15:32 -0000

I am not clear what your point is here.

If you are saying that the sentence you
are quoting from the help is abbreviated
as a summary of what -score- does, then
you are correct. But the fact that
the scores are calculated using the
coefficients is not contentious. It could
hardly be otherwise.

The help cannot provide complete documentation
for what a command does. That goes beyond the main
role of a help file, especially for official Stata
command backed up by the manuals and by
literature references.

-score- also follows -pca-, but a similar
point applies.

louis boakye-yiadom