Re: st: the "score" command in factor analysis

Subject   Re: st: the "score" command in factor analysis
Date   Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:11:18 -0500

At 07:30 PM 3/16/2005 +0000, louis boakye-yiadom wrote:
Dear All,
According to stata's help document for -score-, "score creates a set of new variables that are estimates of the factors produced by factor or rotate (i.e., unrotated or rotated factors)". It seems to me though that what the -score- command actually does, is to generate coefficients (rather than the actual scores) which can then be used to generate esimates of the factors (the factor scores?). Can anyone help be know whether I'm right in my understanding of what -score- does? Thank you.
If you just type

score

you will see the coefficients from your previous factor or pca command or whatever. But if you type something like

score scale1 scale2 scale3

you will generate new variables.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373