Re: st: Linking parents information

From   Sibel Selcuk <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Linking parents information
Date   Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:11:27 -0500

Thanks for your response David.  I've been using Living Standard
Measurement Surveys. I have a single dataset which has the following
format.

hhnumber idcode   relationship      gender      age_yrs   educ
1     1     Head          Female    52         8
1     2     Son             Male    26         0
2     1     Head          Male      66         10
2     2     Wife/Husband      Female      66         4
2     3     Son/daughter      Female      45         8
2     4     Grandchildren     Male  22         11
3     1     Head          Male      77         11
3     2     Wife/Husband      Female      66         8
4     1     Head          Male      55         15
4     2     Wife/Husband      Female      51         14
4     3     Son/daughter      Male  27         12

where Hhnumber is the unique household id, idcode is the person id within
the household, relationship is the relationship to the head of household
and educ is years of schooling variable.

Hope this clarifies my question.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sibel