st: likelihood construction interval-truncated observations

From   "Kok Jb (OS)" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: likelihood construction interval-truncated observations
Date   Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:31:55 +0100

Dear Stata Users,

Does anyone know if Stata can handle interval-truncated observations
that add to the likelihood function in the following matter:

L = f(x) / [S(yl) - S(yr)

where, f is the density function, S the survivor function, and yl and yr
are the left and right truncation points.

I know that S-plus can handle these observations but I prefer Stata.
Unfortunately, the book "An introduction to survival analysis using
Stata" seem to have a different understanding of interval truncation
(maybe an improvement for the next edition).

Any help welcome!

Jasper Kok
University Maastricht