st: Linking parents information

From   Sibel Selcuk <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Linking parents information
Date   Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:40:17 -0500

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create variables for parents' education and age based on
parents and kids who live in the same household.  The only question that
relates the individuals' within a household is "the relationship to the
head of household".   Therefore, I have been unable to use the method
described in STATA's FAQs.

Basically, I am trying to create parents education and age variables for
all possible parent child pairs.  The possibilities are:
Head/ spouse +resident parents (grandparents/in laws)
Resident child+ Head/Spouse (mother, father)

I'd appreciate your suggestions and advice on this.  Thank you.

 Best Regards,
Sibel