st: RE: Displaying values less than one with a zero in front of the comma

From   "Jann, Ben" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Displaying values less than one with a zero in front of the comma
Date   Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:12:25 +0100

There has been some discussion about displaying the 0 in front
of the decimal point for numbers in (-1,1).

Seb Buechte asked:
> is there anyway to force stata to generally display 0.5
> instead of .5 ?

Thomas J. Steichen answered:
> My experience is that
> g formats do not put the leading zero
> f formats        put the leading zero

Thomas is right, of course. However, I think that it would
be great to be able to choose whether to print the leading
zero or not in general (i.e. to be able to print the zero or
not in both the g and the f format).

For example, -estout- provides the -nolz- option ("no
leading zero") to get rid of the leading zeros in the f
format. I think it would be great if such functionality be
provided via -%fmt-.

ben