st: meta-analysis residual question

From   "Garrard, Wendy M." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: meta-analysis residual question
Date   Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:55:09 -0600

Could someone help me understand the fitted values that are generated
post-estimation using the metareg (updated version)?

After a meta-regression I generated the fitted values using (predict
yhat).

But, I get quite different values when I use the regression equation to
obtain the fitted values like so:
	(gen yhat2 = _b[_cons] + _b[Var1]*Var1 + _b[Var2]*Var2 -
_b[Var3]*Var3)

For example, for the first record in my data set, the fitted value is .5
using the predict command, and 1.1 obtained via the equation.

I assume this difference has something to do with how the weighting is
used in the postestimation command, but I'd like to understand how to
correctly approximate the fitted values using the equation.

Thanks,
Wendy Garrard
Vanderbilt University