st: xtabond and Newey West D statistic

From   Ed Levitas <>
Subject   st: xtabond and Newey West D statistic
Date   Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:15:34 -0600

Hello Statalisters,

I am using XTABOND2 and am interested in assessing the addition of a single
variable (i.e., comparing restricted and unrestricted models).  For GMM
estimators (e.g. Arellano-Bond), New and West (1987) develop a D statistic
(normalized different between restricted and unrestricted objective
functions) that (I believe) is appropriate for my case.   I however do not
know how to calculate this in STATA.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Edward Levitas, PhD
Associate Professor
School of Business Administration