st: Comparing two poisson counts

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Comparing two poisson counts
Date   Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:55:02 +0100

Dear All,

Two measurements are done on the same set of individuals using two different
techniques. The outcomes from the two techniques are counts. How do we test in
stata if there is a difference in the two techniques assuming the counts are
poission.

If we wish to use a non-parameteric test (Wilcoxon sign rank test for matched
pairs), is it possible to do a one sided test

Thanks

Wilson