st: RE: Hosmer-Lemeshow statistic

From   "Moran, John (NWAHS)" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: Hosmer-Lemeshow statistic
Date   Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:27:47 +1030

Hosmer and Lemeshow have had something to say about the test as well:

	1. 	Hosmer DW, Hosmer T, Le Cessie S, Lemeshow S. A comparison
of goodness-of-fit tests for the logistic regression model. Stat Med 1997;
	2. 	Hosmer DW, Hjort NL. Goodness-of-fit processes for logistic
regression: simulation results. Stat Med 2002; 21:2723-38.

John Moran

-----Original Message-----
From: Ricardo Ovaldia []
Sent: Monday, 7 February 2005 3:45 AM
Subject: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow statistic

Dear all,

I though that some years back there was a posting
regarding criticism of the Hosmer-Lemeshow GOF
statistic. After a frustrating and unsuccessful search
through the archives and FAQ, I am writing to the list
to see if anyone recalls the criticisms or can point
me to a source with this information.

Thank you in advance,

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK