st: Thanks Alex

From   "YP Choi" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Thanks Alex
Date   Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:29:36 +0800

Dear Alex,
Thank you very much for telling me how to calculate the odds ratio using the
option eform.
Many thanks

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Alex Gamma
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: st: odds ratio using svyologit

Dear YP,

a glance into the help file shows that the option -eform- does what you
want. The OR is calculated as exp(coefficient), and that's what -eform-
provides. For example, you would type:

svyologit yvar x1 x2 x3, eform

Am 5.Feb 2005 um 02:57 schrieb

> Hi,
> I am using the survey commands in stata to analyse data from the
> demographic and
> health surveys. I am doing some ordinal logistic regression analysis
> and want to
> present the odds ratio rather than the coefficients. Yet the command
> 'or' is not
> allowed following the command 'svyologit'. I would be very grateful if
> anyone
> knows a way to get the odds ratio when running ordinal logistic
> regression
> using the survey commands,or knows a way of manuel calculating the
> odds ratio?
> Many thanks
> YP Choi

Alex Gamma, Ph.D.
University Hospital of Psychiatry Zurich
Research department
Lenggstr. 31
8032 Zurich

Tel: ++4144 384 2635