Re: st: Re: Factor analysis and dummy variables.

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Factor analysis and dummy variables.
Date   Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:00:15 -0500

Hi Friedrich,

I couldn't respond to your email cause I was not
in my office last  days.

You're right.

By normal, I did not mean the "normal distribution"
but the distribution I usually obtain with factor command
(the "normal" distribution in my mind). It is just a typo.

The distributions of indexes produced by the polychoricpca
command are also skewed, and resemble to those I usually
obtained with the Filmer method. Less skewed, but skewed anyway.

I will however use this program in the future in place of the usual factor if
I have dummies variables. It is the best choice I can make so far.

Thanks for your support.

Amadou.

                      Friedrich Huebler
                      <[email protected]>         To:       [email protected]
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      owner-statalist@hsphsun2.        Subject:  st: Re: Factor analysis and dummy variables.
                      harvard.edu

                      12/13/2004 10:54 AM
                      Please respond to
                      statalist

Amadou,

Do you expect the wealth score to be normally distributed? The
distribution of the wealth score depends on the distribution of
household assets in your data.

Friedrich Huebler