Re: st: saving newly created variables

From   Rashid Memon <r_s_memon@yahoo.co.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: saving newly created variables
Date   Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:53:44 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Richard

You are right. It was the preserve command (I have
absolutely no idea why I used it??)

I think I need another cup of coffee.

Many thanks
Rashid

 --- Richard Williams <Richard.A.Williams.5@nd.edu>
wrote:
> At 02:56 PM 11/26/2004 +0000, Rashid Memon wrote:
> >I have encountered a strange problem. I generate
> some
> >variables and crosstabs through a do file, and at
> the
> >end of the execution, the new variables just
> >disappear.
> >
> >I am very puzzled, and wasting timy unnecessarily.
> Any
> >help will be most appreciated
>
> Perhaps you could include a copy of the do file for
> us to see?  Things like
> preserving and restoring the data, or specifying
> vars as temporary, or
> re-opening the original data set, might account for
> this.

> OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
> FAX:    (574)288-4373
> HOME:   (574)289-5227
> EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
> WWW (personal):    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam
> WWW (department):    http://www.nd.edu/~soc
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html

=====
“When I think of the long list of problems of which I have in vain tried to find the solution, and think of the honours that have nevertheless been bestowed upon me, I understand with deep thankfulness to Whom all this is due: to the Lord Who has steered my steps over the years, and Who has been my refuge in the superior matters which no science can ever reach.”

                                           Ragnar Frisch (First Nobel Laureate in Economics)

Get Yahoo! Mail www.yahoo.co.uk/10k