st: Negative Binomial Panel data

From   "Taillard, Jerome" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Negative Binomial Panel data
Date   Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:00:53 -0500

Dear All,
I know that the negative binomial distribution simplifies into a Poisson distribution when the overdispersion factor goes to zero.
I am performing the negative binomial panel data regression (xtnbreg) in Stata. And it is not clear for me, in that case, if it simplifies to a Poisson panel data when r and/or s are not statistically different from zero.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Jerome Taillard