Re: st: Re: RE: Re: ST: Garbage in digest

From   "Eric G. Wruck" <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: RE: Re: ST: Garbage in digest
Date   Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:27:14 -0500

José Maria wrote:

>My name is José Maria, but no problem in writing Jose Maria.
>My school and city is University of São Paulo, which I can easily write Sao

Oh, please don't do that.  We'd end up losing out on little, and largely subconscious, language & cultural lessons & eventually some of us will end up writing Sao Paulo & think we're doing so correctly.  So many names --mine fortunately is not one of them-- have been corrupted & bastardized here in the United States simply because some of us, or our forbears, were unwilling to make the effort to preserve the correct spelling.

       Eric G. Wruck
       2535 Sherwood Road
       Columbus, OH  43209

       ph:      614.231.5034