RE: st: RRR with CI from logit model

Subject   RE: st: RRR with CI from logit model
Date   Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:17:44 -0300

Citando Leonelo Bautista <>:

> I think Ronan Conroy's advice in this case is very sound. .....>
> On the other hand, I fail to see why you want to calculate relative risks
> from a logistic model.  If that's the case, as Joseph
> Coveney suggested, you can use -glm- fam(bin) link(log), or -binreg-. That
> should allow you to calculate absolute and relative risks with their
> confidence intervals for any values of your independent variable.
> Leonelo Bautista
Dear Statalisters:
let me enter late at this thread, to remind that -binreg- or -glm- f(bin)
link(log) many times fail to converge, in situations when logistic runs well.
Jose Maria

Faculdade de Saude Publica/ Departamento de Epidemiologia
Sao Paulo