st: Prediction

From   Marcello Pagano <pagano@hsph.harvard.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Prediction
Date   Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:44:02 -0400

For

Lindsay.Dratch@ny.frb.org wrote:

Statausers:

Currently, after "areg y x x x, aborb(linearvar)", one can do "predict varname_d, d". This then creates a new variable, varname_d, which contains the coefficient of the dummy variables for when linearvar was expanded.
I want to be able to do: "predict varname_se, dse", where varname_se is created and contains the standard error on the point estimate of each of the indicator variables. But this is not an option and I was wondering if anyone knew of another way, or I am missing something.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Lindsay

Lindsay R. Dratch
lindsay.dratch@yahoo.com

----- Forwarded by Lindsay Dratch/NY/FRS on 10/28/2004 03:45 PM -----

*Lindsay Dratch*

10/28/2004 02:01 PM

To: pagano@hsph.harvard.edu
cc: Subject: statalist posting

Hi,

I am on the statalist. I am assured of this because I typed who statalist and saw my email listed. However, when I try to send a post, it does not show up in my inbox. Is there some sort of problem?

Thanks.

Lindsay
lindsay.dratch@ny.frb.org