Re: st: Printing graphs to pdf under program control

From   Antoine Terracol <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Printing graphs to pdf under program control
Date   Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:56:37 +0200

Dear all,

As an alternative to Distiller, one can use the eps2pdf freeware
(http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/eps2pdf/) which uses
ghostscript to convert files from eps to pdf.

It can be called from the command line.

The following piece of code defines a -epspdf- command that exports the
current graph into eps format, then converts it to pdf.

program define epspdf
graph export "`1'.eps"
winexec "C:\program files\eps2pdf\eps2pdf.exe" /f="`1'"
di as text "(file `1'.eps converted to PDF format)"
end

When calling -epspdf-, do not specify the .eps extension :

. twoway scatter price mpg
. epspdf "C:\temp\my graphics\foo"
(file C:\temp\my graphics\foo.eps written in EPS format)
(file C:\temp\my graphics\foo.eps converted to PDF format)

both files foo.eps and foo.pdf are created in the C:\temp\my graphics\
folder.

Best,
Antoine.

Le 17/10/2004 13:37, Ian Watson a �crit :