st: Adjusting confidence intervals

From   Ilesh Patel <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Adjusting confidence intervals
Date   Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:37:28 -0400

Title: Adjusting confidence intervals
Hello.

I have computed a difficulty score for a range of vision tasks and want to see if there is a difference in the mean score by self-rated overall health (scored from 1 – 4). Following is what I used:

Sort overall_hlth

by overall_hlth: ci diff_score

This gives me the mean difficulty score and it’s CI for each of the 4 self-rated overall health groups. What command do I use in Stata to adjust the CI for age given that I think age affects both the difficulty score.

Thanks you for any help.

Yours sincerely,

Ilesh Patel