st: competing risks model with time varying covariates

From   "Raji Srinivasan {srinivasanr}" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: competing risks model with time varying covariates
Date   Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:21:53 -0500

Hello all,
I need to estimate competing risks (2 end states) accelerated failure time models with time varying variables in streg with the cluster option.
I am using the data expansion technique of Lunn and McNeil (1995) to estimate the models for the 2 end-states.
I am getting a log pseudo-likelihood that is positive for the hazard model for one of the states, and negative for the other state?
I don't know if this is reasonable or there is a problem in the estimation.
I guess one of the things I am wondering is whether the data expansion technique can be extended to accelerated failure time models.
I would appreciate any help that you can give me.
Many thanks!
Raji Srinivasan