RE: st: Text editors FAQ update

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Text editors FAQ update
Date   Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:16:07 +0100

Sorry, but this could create the wrong impression.

1. The maintainer, namely myself, adds material and has to be able to
exercise some discretion over that. I don't collate everything
sent to me.

2. The FAQ is fairly long. It is, we hope, packed with detail
fairly useful to at least some Stata users. But there
seems no point in documenting text editors unless there is
detailed specific comment from users on how to use them with Stata.
That is, any comment of the form "This is a nice editor
and I like using it and I am a Stata user" would just bloat
the FAQ. There are _hundreds_ of text editors in existence;
no doubt many of them are excellent but this is not the point
of the FAQ as I maintain it.

So, if you can write an entry on an editor not yet
covered that resembles existing entries, do indeed please suggest
that to me privately. A sufficient (but not necessary)
detail is the existence of support for Stata syntax
highlighting in some form.

Stas Kolenikov