Re: st: xtgls bug?

From   David Kantor <dkantor@jhu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: xtgls bug?
Date   Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:39:31 -0400

At 09:19 AM 10/8/2004 -0700, Jos Elkink wrote:
During a summerschool this summer I tried to replicate
the xtgls procedure using my own Stata code. After
struggling with it for a while, I only managed to
[...]

1) Am I correct that the implementation of xtgls is an
incorrect version of Prais-Winsten?
2) Is this the right place to report such a bug, or if
not, where should I do this? Or has this bug already
been reported?
I don't know whether you have found a bug, but if you have, the right place to report it is
tech-support@stata.com

Additionally, if the bug is in an official Stata ado file, and you think you have located it, they would be pleased to have that information as well.

Good Luck
-- David

David Kantor
Institute for Policy Studies