Re: st: Pseudo R2 for XTprobit

Subject   Re: st: Pseudo R2 for XTprobit
Date   Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:29:22 -0500

At 07:09 PM 10/7/2004 +0200, Uwe Berberich wrote:
Stas,

thanks for your reply. Do you have any suggestions for better goodness of fit measures in probit regressions on panel data? McFadden R2 or Pseudo R2 were the ones suggested in various sources and empirical studies but I'm open for whatever turns out to be useful and meaningful. I'm just puzzled that *xtprobit* does not return any measure at all. Is there any theoretical motivation why I could report probit results without any goodness of fit measure?
There is a FAQ entitled "How can I calculate the pseudo R2 for xtprobit?"  See

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/xtprobit.html

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX:    (574)288-4373
HOME:   (574)289-5227