Re: st: bootstrap ivreg2

From   "Vidya Mahambare" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap ivreg2
Date   Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:57:12 +0100

Jeff, Thanks for pointing out that -bootstrap - in Stata is not appropriate for
time series data. Is there an inbuilt way in Stata to do time series

Dr Vidya Mahambare
B21, Cardiff Business School
Ph: 0044 29 2087 6407
>>> Jeff Pitblado 30/09/04 5:38 PM >>>
Vidya Mahambare <> asks about using -bootstrap- with
-tsset- data:

> Many thanks for your suggestions. I have now tried tsset-ing the sample just
> before starting boostrapping. But it still gives the same message.
> Is there anyone else who has faced a similar problem with ivreg2?

The nonparametric bootstrap is not really appropriate with time-series
analysis.  The sampling method used by the nonparametric bootstrap is not
compatible with autocorrelated data.