RE: st: RE: posting question.

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: posting question.
Date   Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:40:25 -0400

Nick,
I do not know if I can freely post mrate.ado.
Since I am not the author, I guess I can't.
But it is freely available upon request through
the dhs website (www.measuredhs.com).
The author is Nicholas D. Hill.
Best regards.
Amadou.

                      "Nick Cox"
                      <[email protected]>           To:       <[email protected]>
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      owner-statalist@hsphsun2.        Subject:  RE: st: RE: posting question.
                      harvard.edu

                      09/30/2004 12:31 PM
                      Please respond to
                      statalist

I am confused. I don't understand what
works and what doesn't.

Stas may well be right: -mrate- could
be producing pure garbage. But I can't
comment on a program I can't see in
an area I don't know. From what
you tell us I still suggest

su v001, meanonly
local nclust = r(max)
gen mortrate = .
qui forval i=1/`nclust' {
      cap mrate if v001==`i'
      replace mortrate = $U_1_1 if v001 == `i'

}

Incidentally, from your information, -mrate- seems
a rather strange program if it doesn't
need to know what variables to work on.

> I meant: I didn't find a way.

[email protected]