Re: st: RE: Binomial confidence intervals (more)

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Binomial confidence intervals (more)
Date   Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:10:41 -0400

I was on vacation last week, but want to insert my 1.5 cents anyway:

The Yates corrected chi-squared is an approximation to Fisher. As such it is not as good as Fisher's exact test.

It has the same "disadvantage" as Fisher -- it is "conservative". I see no reason to ever use the Yates correction (unless you are all-of-a-sudden bereft of Fisher's exact test.

Rich Goldstein