RE: st: Stata vs. SPSS

From   tmmanini <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata vs. SPSS
Date   Mon, 6 Sep 2004 22:55:11 -0400

Bill,

I am also a Mac user and I currently have STATA and have not experienced
problems in the OS X
environment.  The only problem that you'll have is when importing a file via
ODBC, described below.

" ODBC, an acronym for Open DataBase Connectivity, is a standardized set of
function calls that can be
used to access data stored in both relational and nonrelational database
management systems.
Currently, Stata's odbc command is only available for Windows."

Sorry I can't really comment on the difference in SPSS and STATA.

Good luck
Todd