st: Stata vs. SPSS

From   Bill Oetjen <>
Subject   st: Stata vs. SPSS
Date   Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:48:22 -0400

Hello Folks,
I'm a new subscriber and have an urgent question:

When buying books for my Intro to Educational Research course at my university, I noticed that the required software was SPSS. It was only available in windows platform. As an exclusive Mac user, that kind of leaves me out of the loop.
I noticed that Stata does a good job in OS X.
Can anyone comment on major differences between Stata and SPSS?

Thanks in advance,
Bill Oetjen

* For searches and help try: