st: xttobit and u normally distributed

From   "Verschuuren, M." <>
To   <>
Subject   st: xttobit and u normally distributed
Date   Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:44:09 +0200

I would like to learn how to check the assumption in the Random Effects Tobit model that the unit-specific residuals (u) are normally distributed. Predicting u is not an option after xttobit, as can be done after xtreg. How do I assess the fit of my xttobit model to see whether I may interpret it's results?

I am using intercooled Stata 7.

I am looking forward to an answer!

M. (Marieke) Verschuuren, MD
Junior researcher MTA