st: plotting multiple normal densities

From   "Dan Rigby" <>
Subject   st: plotting multiple normal densities
Date   Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:59:56 +0100

I have a (mixed logit) model in which the mean and variance of
several variables' distributions are estimated. In all cases (so far)
these are normally distributed.

I want to plot these pdf's, so I use 'drawnorm' to draw from a
sample with the required mean and variance.

I can then plot these individually using the 'normal' option after
'hist', or using 'kdensity'.

However I want to plot >1 of these distributions on the same graph
to allow visual comparison.
Ideally it would not be a histogram, just the pdf plots.

Can anyone advise how this is done?

dan rigby

Dr Dan Rigby
Environmental Economist