st: vecrank

To   STATA list <>
Subject   st: vecrank
Date   Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:13:50 -0500

My question is specific to -vecrank, but also more general to time series.  When
I try to run this -bys countrycode, I often receive reports that there are gaps
in the sample (of course this message applies to a specific -countrycode).

After a little investigating, the gap is announced if there is data missing in
the series.  So, if a country didn't report something for one period out of
many, I am unable to run these -vecrank or -johans or any other number.

Is there any way out of this?  I am hesitant to -ipolate because there are cases
where more than just one data point is missing for a -countrycode.  What other
options might there be?