Re: st: random effects logit instrumental variables

From   Roger Harbord <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: random effects logit instrumental variables
Date   Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:02:28 +0100

Don't think there's any command that will do that directly in Stata. I'd rather doubt there is in any software package. I guess you could write a program to do the two stages ( i.e. regress endogenous on instruments and exogenous vars, predict endogenous, regress dependent var on exogeneous vars plus predicted endogenous) and do a clustered bootstrap to get the right standard errors? Would needs a bit of programming expertise, and a reasonably large number of clusters for validity of the bootstrap.

Any IV experts care to comment?

I'm considering doing something similar as i have a candidate for IV in which _both_ equations are generalised linear models (and hence beyond even -qvf- i think). I don't have clustered data though.

Roger.
Roger Harbord mailto:[email protected]
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol