st: Suggestion for an added graph feature

From   Fred Wolfe <>
Subject   st: Suggestion for an added graph feature
Date   Tue, 03 Aug 2004 10:16:19 -0500

Often enough I find myself making ad hoc graphs, by which I mean graphs that are not a part of a saved do or ado file. Sometimes I come back to those graphs and want to alter something. However, the graph statement no longer exists, and I may not even know which .dta file was used. Would it be possible to have the graph program save such information? One way I have been doing this, but it seems awkward, is to save a dta file with just the variables I need, then attach the graph statement as a note.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or comments on this idea?

* For searches and help try: