Fwd: st: Greek characters in graph titles

From   Thomas Trikalinos (.Mac) <>
Subject   Fwd: st: Greek characters in graph titles
Date   Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:41:22 +0300

Actually, you may get some greek Letters (capital Pi , capital sigma, mu) used for standard mathematical notation using the _char(n)_ string function, where n=1 to n=255. The function returns ASCII characters. You can easily check which letter corresponds to what number, using something like:

. forvalues i = 1(1)255 {
. local character = char(`i')
. di "for n=`i', ASCII char = `character'"
. }

Then, if you need capital Delta for example set a proper local macro:

. local delta = char(198) // in my Mac at least

and then you can use the character in titles etc:

. sysuse auto
. gr two scatter mpg rep78, ytitle("The letter is the greek Delta: `delta'")

Well I trust you have better use for _`delta'_ than this example.

Begin forwarded message: