st: odbc

From   "Patrick Mcelduff" <>
Subject   st: odbc
Date   Sat, 26 Jun 2004 07:52:10 +0100

Dear all

I am trying to use the odbc command to read data from an Access
database - without any luck at all. I am stuck at the first hurdle.
The database is called pat and the table is called cared. I thought
the following command should work - but it doesn't. The problem is
with dsn.

odbc load, dsn("pat") table("cared")

Initially I had a directory path in the command but removed it and
moved the file to the current directory.

When I type,

odbc query pat

I get a message indicating that the data source name is not found.

What am I doing wrong

Thanks in advance