st: super- and subscripts in the textbox

From   Toyoto Iwata <>
Subject   st: super- and subscripts in the textbox
Date   Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:04:53 +0900

Dear Statalisters,

Would you teach me how do you manage when you want
to write superscripts or subscripts in the graph textbox
like xtitle( ) or ytitle( )?

For instance, what do you do when you want to write as
"O2 consumption  (μmole?s-1)"
in the x axis title?

Please do not say "Write as _oxygen_." This is an only
example.  Of course I have been contented with Stata graphics
using only to view data distributions.
But I became to want to make graphs for presentations if it
is possible.  In the example above, for "?" after μmole
I wanted to place a midpoint.

I remember the someone's suggestion in this list to modify
the graph in the PowerPoints.  But I could not make a good
illustration with the procedure.

Best regards,