Re: st: super- and subscripts in the textbox

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: super- and subscripts in the textbox
Date   Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:58:02 +0100

Toyoto's request may not be fully comprehensible
to you, depending on fonts available on your system,
for reasons similar to those behind the question.

What are wanted here are
	subscript 2
	superscript -1.
	and a mu symbol (for micro).

I don't know a way of getting the first two, but I'd like
to underscore the request.

mu and some other characters can, depending on fonts
available, be obtained by using -char()- or {c #}.
For example, mu is obtainable on my Windows machine
as char(181) or within text as "{c 181}".

There was a write-up of this in the Stata Journal

Stata tip 6: Inserting awkward characters in the plot.
Q1/04   SJ 4(1):95--96

Toyoto Iwata