RE: Stata Wishlist: Line wrap when printing from viewer

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Stata Wishlist: Line wrap when printing from viewer
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:56:49 +0100

I am sure this is a common view. It doesn't in
fact need much emphasis to StataCorp. Stata's
developers love implementing new modelling
commands. What's more, they realise that
such commands are important for marketing.
Some key groups of researchers would be likely
to migrate to Stata if such-and-such
and this-or-that kind of modelling were implemented. And the
history is that once groups migrate,
they often stay with Stata.

What is also true is that lots of things
that have been added to Stata on the interface
reflect market demands. The Windows port
was late, in marketing terms, and driven largely by the fact
that the market was moving that way. Stata's
heart didn't commit it to a Windows port.
Things like dialogs are driven by the market.

In short, the market is highly heterogeneous. Statalist
I guess to be far from a miniature of the Stata market.
But be sure that StataCorp listen to us seriously.
It is just the answer to a request may sometimes
be a couple of years in coming...

SamL