st: RE: Bivariate kernel density estimations

From   Steven Stillman <>
Subject   st: RE: Bivariate kernel density estimations
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:12:06 +1200

Roberto.  Angus Deaton provides stata code to do this and
examples/discussion in his excellent book "The Analysis of Household
Surveys: A Microeconometric Approach to Development Policy".

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Roberto
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:12 PM
Subject: st: Bivariate kernel density estimations

I would like to know how to obtain bivariate kernel density
estimations  with Stata. If it is possible I would like to include
weightings in the estimations.
My idea is to use it to estimate a stochastic kernel that describes the
dynamics of the whole distribution under analysis.
Thank you very much.

Roberto Ezcurra Orayen
Departamento de Economía
Universidad Pública de Navarra